Drink La Vie vs Kombucha
Not All Probiotic Drinks Are Created Equal.
What’s the difference between probiotic drinks from Drink La Vie and large scale production probiotic drinks such as large-scale distribution kombucha?
First, Drink La Vie makes artisanal products in small batches by a small staff in our Capitola kitchen. We use the finest ingredients we can get from local farms whenever possible to create our delicious and healthy concoctions. Among our ingredients are raw, organic, locally grown beets, pure, raw coconut water (that we get straight from the coconuts ourselves), cold-pressed juices, mineral salt and filtered water. Our probiotic drinks do not ever include refined sugars, fruit juice concentrates or caffeine.
Unlike some large probiotic drink companies, Drink La Vie never adds CO2 to our drinks. Probiotic drinks from Drink La Vie are naturally carbonated as a result of the natural fermentation process. Some of our products even have a second fermentation. It is only fermentation which creates the effervescent, bubbly quality of our drinks.
Drink La Vie is proud of the non-dairy bacteria cultures we use in our probiotic drinks. There are 6 live and active strains of bacteria. They are Bifidobacterium bifidum, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Streptococcus thermophilus. Drink La Vie drinks are safe for folks with Candida overgrowth.
Kombucha is also a probiotic drink, usually made by fermenting tea and sugar. While homemade kombucha can be a wonderful probiotic drink, industrial kombucha is mostly made in huge batches with added carbonation from CO2, added fruit juice concentrate and is sold nationwide.
According to wikipedia, the beneficial effects of the specific bacteria in Drink La Vie drinks are many and include the following:
- Helps the gastrointestinal tract
- Reduces the chances of diarrhea and helps fight E.coli infections
- Fights Candida and other yeast overgrowths
- Decreases the incidence of pediatric diarrhea
- May be helpful in reducing serum cholesterol levels
- Improves bowel regularity, can prevent traveller’s diarrhea and antibiotic-related bowel issues
- Exhibits positive effects on chemotherapy patients
- Produces vitamin K and lactase
- Alleviates gastrointestinal pathogenic bacterial diseases
- Prevents antibiotic-associated diarrhea and Clostridium difficile (Cdif) infections
- Reduces inflammatory response and suppresses harmful bacterial growth
Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus
- Breaks down lactose into simple sugar to help those who are lactose intolerant. Lactobacillus rhamnosus
- Produces lactic acid
- Prevents and reduces various types of diarrhea
- Reduces the risk of respiratory tract infections in children
- Helps prevent atopic dermatitis and eczema
- Protects the Urogenital tract and soothes irritable bowel syndrome
- Counters alcohol-related intestinal permeability
- Increases weight loss in women
- Breaks down lactose, the sugar in milk which lactose-intolerant individuals find difficult to digest
- Reduces risk of AAD (antibiotic-associated diarrhea).
So now you know-drinking probiotic drinks from Drink La Vie is a great choice!